Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

Burned Verge on the Lane

Shane and I were horrified to walk along our favourite lane on the hill and to find that the firestarter's had been along the lane the day before burning large areas of verge as they walked along.
























Initially I looked at the damage with complete horror and then I found myself stopping and actually looking at the burned areas. I hate the smell of burned foliage. It is acrid. But I realised that when I looked close up at the burned areas it was actually truly beautiful.

I had photographed the beech leaves only a couple of weeks before covered in frost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...