Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

Tiggy...

Tuesday, 15th November 2011

The new Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 arrived just before lunch...  I slotted the battery into the charger to allow it to charge for long enough to be able to take a few test shots...


This photograph and the one below are of my mum's cat Tiggy outside in the garden...  I was trying out the macro setting as I wanted to see how it managed doing close-up photography.  I have always loved taking close-up photos.


The camera took lovely clear photos outside.  It is a dull late Autumn day and the light was mundane...


Then I moved indoors with Tiggy.  I wanted to see how the camera would handle in-door lower light shots.  This was one of the features that was most important for me when choosing the camera and having a point and shoot camera with a lens starting at f2 was important for me.  My last point and shoot was not good at handling low light...


There is some noise in the background but it is not awful...  and certainly not as bad as with the old P4. This photograph like the one above was taken from the shady angle with the light from the window behind Tiggy...


I am pleased with how this camera has handled a rather tricky setting and Tiggy is not a cat who likes to sit still for very long.


I am really looking forward to testing this camera's abilities on a walk...

4 comments:

You have captured Tiggy quite well...I am always comforted by pictures of Cats...

 

Hi
Tiggy is very sweet and really quite old now. He is 16. But very strong minded and independent.

 

Nice photos - very cool Nikki

 

Beautiful kitty....awesome photo...

 

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...