Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

White Rose...

Wednesday, 16th November 2011

Playing with the new camera again...  this series of photos were taken of the white rose which still has a few blossoms even so late in the Autumn...


I liked the brown stamens and the sandy coloured dying petals...  The photos are not quite as sharp as I would like but we have a slight breeze outside today...  and a breeze always affects close-ups...  I like the lovely soft bokeh in the background of the rose...  the colours blend into each other in a way that doesn't detract from the subject of the photograph...


This is a particularly pretty white rose that grows in my shadiest flower bed near the neighbours garage wall...


A test close-up shot taken with the lens 1 cm from the rose...  I like the sharp focal point and how the rest of the petals become beautifully blurry...


The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 is a nice camera to hold... a solid feeling and weight in my hands...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...