Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

Watery Wednesday... Blue Boat...

19 January 2011

My photographs for Watery Wednesday  this week are also taken at the Lagan River.

I liked the little turquoise blue boat tethered to a small wooden pier... the entrance behind the walk way is where the river Farset joins the Lagan... the Farset flows below High Street in Belfast through a large tunnel. 

 I loved the reflection of the short step ladder at the end of the pier.

Adore the shades of blue.  This photograph was taken from the barrier at Donegall Quay.

This image was taken from the foot bridge at Lagan Weir

I found the colour of the boat (I suppose it is more of a small dinghy) very pleasing against the depth of blue of the River Lagan. 

3 comments:

Great shots. I'm intrigued with the color of that little boat too. I love the close-up shots and reflections in the water.

 

I never knew there was a river flowing underneath the High Street!! Blimey! Beautiful photos, almost like paintings, as usual :)

 

WATER, AH, WATER

Water as river or puddle or frost;
Water that’s roaming alone and seems lost;
Water that looks like sharp daggers of ice;
Water that’s frozen as small as white rice;
All of this water, no matter where found
Will one day seep back far, far underground
And surface again for fountain and flush—
Water, ah, water, you make things so lush!


© 2010 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Roiling River

 

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...