Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

The first Magnolia Blossoms...

Monday 28th March 2011

For Macro Monday... I have taken a few photos of the first Magnolia Blossoms of the Spring...


These are probably some of my most favourite shrubs in the garden...


The pink Leonard Messell is situated just outside the kitchen window and the robin sits in it and tweets at me in the morning if I am tardy in bringing breakfast out to the birdtable...


We are still having frost at night and the first blossoms often get a little frostbitten...


The first stellata blossoms open surrounded by furry buds giving a hint of what is to come...


Last year I was away in Kent visiting my mum for 2 weeks at this time of year and missed the best of my magnolia's blossoming time...  So I am really enjoying every moment of it this year...

6 comments:

Hiya Nikki,

I so love Stellata, but never manage to make it happy :-)
Ver pretty images, with the soft background. Isn't it sad to see blossoms frostdamaged by the morning sun.

 

Hi Nikki, your magnolia is so pretty!! And thank you for putting your robins here because I have seen birds in our backyard that I am not familiar with, now I knew they are robins. So Spring is here!!
Macro Monday

 

Lovely photos of Magnolia. Thanks for that you visit my blog.Anita

 

Beautiful shots of your magnolia!! So soft...

 

Love the selective focus and color in the first two images.

Happy Macro Monday Nicolette!

 

Gorgeous macro, I love them.

 

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...