Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

SOOC Sunday - Wood Anemone

Sunday 20th March 2011

For SOOC Sunday I have chosen a few photographs that I took of a clump of Wood Anemones that are truly beautiful at this time of year.  These were taken a few years ago as there were a few photographs of Gillie and Shane within the batch.   I find that I don't go out for walks as often without them.


I adore wood anemone.  They have the most beautiful foliage...


And pure white blossoms...


There are some beautiful carpets of wood anemone on the hill in a few places...


I love how they light up in the sunlight...

6 comments:

Wonderful images. I especially like the 2nd and 4th photos. I think they show off the shadows and the stamens, best.

 

They are such lovely little blossoms. Happy Spring Nicolette.

 

You have blooms! Nice!

 

I love walking the woods and seeing these...It reminds me of Northeast Illinois where my husband and I would walk the river and see these.

 

I love this plant in comes in many varieties and the blooms last a long time too!

 

Absolutely beautiful Never have seen them myself, but heard they multiply like crazy!

 

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...