Nicolette's Notebook

How creativity seems to colour every day of my life

Webs on Hawthorne Hedges...

19 October 2010

I am sure there are amazing people in the blogosphere who can look at a spider web and know what type of spider probably made it...

I am not one of these people...  I don't in the main, hang around to see if the owner of the web is at home...

I snap and run...

but I did notice that the majority of the webs in the Hawthorne hedges were very different in look to the ones in the Beech Hedgerow.   So I assume a different sort of spider makes them and they are aimed at catching a much smaller sized flying bug...

The amount of work that must go into the creation of something as amazing as this must be pretty impressive.

It amazes me how they use the materials around where they live to attach their silken webs to... I loved the contrast of the rough lichen covered bark to the silken airy web in this photo...

The hawthorne leaves made a beautiful backdrop for this web.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading other people's views... thank you for taking time to leave a message at Nicolette's Notebook... I enjoy reading all of the comments...